Welcome to hbconsult!
Ing. Hubert Bachl-Hesse e.U. is an electrical engineering bureau focusing on
- Protection and protective measures
- Safety related basics for construction and development
- National and international standardisation
in the area of low-voltage electrical equipment and installations and provides
- application support
- expert opinions
in the above mentioned areas.
Ing. Hubert Bachl-Hesse e.U. (hbconsult) was founded in August 2016 as a private company, located in 1210 Vienna, AUSTRIA.
The company‘s objective is to provide high quality, customer oriented and practical services.
I was born in Vienna in 1965 and graduated as an electrical engineer at Höhere Technische Lehranstalt, TGM in Vienna.
My professional career started in 1985 as a test engineer and continued as head of testing and quality manager at Cooperative Testing Institute – CTI-VIENNA. During that time I also got involved in measurements and assessment of the body impedance of humans and life stock.
In 1993 I changed to EH-Schrack Components AG as head of research and development department, being also responsible for approbation matters and patent affairs.
By end of 1994 I returned to CTI-VIENNA and took over the Technical as well as the General Management of the company.
Between 2007 and 2013 I was a member of the board of directors of the Electrical Safety Foundation – ESF-VIENNA.
In 2016 I resigned from my functions at CTI-VIENNA and founded my own company as consulting engineer being a Member of the Austrian Association of Consulting Engineers and as a certified expert for low voltage electrical installations, protective measures, earthing, overvoltage protection and switchgear.
My special areas of expertise are overvoltage protection and protective measures in electrical installations and for equipment. In this area I am also convenor and member of various national and international technical committees at OVE, CENELEC and IEC.
Ing. Hubert Bachl-Hesse
I could gain more than 30 years of experience in testing and certification of electrotechnical products as well as with challenges of technical, legal and formal nature. For more than 20 years I was in charge as General and Technical Manager, guiding the staff and directing the company towards development and growth.
- Convenor TSK-IS37A „Low-Voltage Surge Protective Devices“ since 1989
- Chairman IEC SC37A „Low-Voltage Surge Protective Devices“ from 1999 to 2014
- Vice Chair IEC SC37A since 2015 and Convenor of WG5 „Low-voltage surge protection devices“ since 2016
- Convenor CLC TC64 WG04 „Protection against overvoltages of atmospheric origin or due to switching“ since 2004
- Convenor TSK-E07 „Requirements for special installations or locations“ from 2005 to 2013
- Convenor TSK-E05 „Selection and erection of electrical equipment“ since 2013
NEW: all Trainings/Workshops are also available as WEBINARs and with customer specific content!
Trainings and Workshops
|Selection of electrical equipment and protective devices for Low-Voltage installations
legal background, terms, definitions, selection and influencing parameters,
switchgear, protective devices and monitoring devices, surge protective devices, functional principles, requirements, verification, accessories (e.g. auxiliary contacts, trip units, reclosing devices),
coordination of protective devices, documentation
|05.10.2021||OVE or WEBINAR||Vienna|
physical basics, terms, definitions, overvoltages and surge currents, surge protective devices (SPDs), functioning, requirements for selection and application, protection concept, coordination
|19.10.2021||OVE or WEBINAR||Vienna|
|Switchgear assemblies + Digitalisation
legal background, terms, definitions, selection and influencing parameters, insulation coordination basics,
„smart“ switchgear – protective devices and monitoring devices – functional principles, requirements, verification, digitalisation + electrical separation/protective separation – devices, wiring material, accessories (e.g. terminals, auxiliary contacts, trip units, reclosing devices), documentation
|21.10.2021||OVE or WEBINAR||Vienna|
|Principles and history of Insulation Coordination and their implementation in construction and testing. The essential requirements for the design of clearances and creepage distances.||11.11.2021||OVE or WEBINAR||Vienna|
- Protection against electric shock / Protective measures
- Installation rules
- Protective devices and switchgear
- Insulation coordination within switchgear assemblies
Seminar contents – examples for download:
- Protection against electric shock / Protective measures (German)
- Basics and application of Insulation Coordination (German)
- Selection of electrical equipment and protective devices (German)
- Overvoltage Protection (German)
- SPDs Technologies-Parameters-Testing (English)
I am also pleased to offer customer specific seminars/workshops at your preferred location and in my area of competence.
Multimeters and Multimeterclamps:
incl. temperature und temperature difference, THD, harmonics, power 1~
- 5-digit AC+DC precison digital multimeter with double display, 100 kHz, 1.000 V (CAT IV)
- AC multimeter-/leakage current clamp, 1 mA – 100 A, 1 kHz, 600 V (CAT III)
- AC+DC multimeter-/current clamp up to 400 A, 500 Hz, 600 V (CAT III)
- AC current clamps up to 1.000 A, 5 kHz, 600 V (CAT III)
Oscilloscopes and Recorders:
- Tektronix TBS 1152B, 150 MHz, 2 Gs/s, 8 Bit, 2-channels 300 V (CAT II)
- Yokogawa DL350 (max. 2 plugin modules, several hours runtime on battery)
- Yokogawa DL850 (max. 8 plugin modules, dual capture, math functions, etc.)
- Yokogawa 4-channel plugin-module, 300 kHz, 1 Ms/s, 16 Bit, 4 fully isolated channels 400 V (CAT II)
- Yokogawa 2-channel highspeed plugin-modules, 3 MHz, 10 Ms/s, 12 Bit, 2 fully isolated channels 400 V (CAT II)
- Yokogawa 2-channel highspeed plugin-modules, 20 MHz, 100 Ms/s, 12 Bit, 2 fully isolated channels each 1.000 V (CAT II)
Probes and current sensors (clamps):
- 100:1 voltage probes + accessories up to 3.540 V (CAT I), 1.000 V (CAT III), 600 V (CAT IV), 500 MHz
- 10:1 voltage probes + accessories up to 1.000 V (CAT III), 600 V (CAT IV), 300 MHz
- AC+DC current sensor/clamp, 1 mA – 30 A, 100 kHz, 300 V (CAT III)
- AC+DC current sensors/clamps, 10 A – 2.000 A, 20 kHz, 300 V (CAT III)
- Installation tester + accessories
- EV-Charging station tester + accessories
- coating thickness tester
- infrared camera + pyrometer
- microscope camera
- endoscope camera
More details and data sheets are available upon request.